Instructions for Applying
Please use our Online Application Tool to apply for the graduate program.
We can only accept online applications that are complete. Any late or incomplete applications will be rejected and deleted from our databank. Please do not send any written or email applications to the coordination office. We are not able to process or return them.
Timeline of important dates
2021/2022 application window for positions available for IMPRS-TP traditional PhD and joint Residency/PhD training program in the field of psychiatry and neuroscience is closed.
To apply to start in 2023 please note the following timeline:
- All applications have to be submitted in English through our Online Application Tool, which will be online from August 15th, 2022
- Application deadline: October 31st, 2022 (24:00 Central European Time)
- Deadline for references: November 3rd, 2022 (24:00 CET)
- Candidates will be notified in early January 2023
- Interview-days: February 2023
- Completed selection process: End of March 2023
- Start Date: September to October 2023
Travel expenses and accommodation for the interview will be covered by IMPRS-TP, where applicable.
For detailed information about our application requirements see Who Qualifies.
Please note that you need to have completed your Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field or MD prior to starting the PhD program, but not necessarily at the time of application.
We highly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. This may be helpful should you run into any problems during the application process, e.g. if one of your referees does not submit a recommendation in a timely manner you would have sufficient time to deal with the situation.
In your application, please select up to 3 research groups you are interested in working with. You can find details about research areas and participating research groups on our webpage.