Instructions for Applying
Please use our Online Application Tool to apply for the graduate program.
We can only accept online applications that are complete. Any late or incomplete applications will be rejected and deleted from our databank. Please do not send any written or email applications to the coordination office. We are not able to process or return them.
Timeline of important dates
The application window for the IMPRS-TP PhD program that starts in 2024 is now closed.
- Candidates will be notified in January 2024
- Interview-days: February 2024
- Final selection process: March-May 2024
- Start date: September to October 2024
The application window for the IMPRS-TP PhD program that starts in 2025 will open again on August 15th. Please note the following timeline:
- All applications have to be submitted in English through our Online Application Tool. The application period for the 2025 intake will open again on August 15th, 2024.
- Application deadline: October 31st (24:00 Central European Time)
- Deadline for references: November 7th (24:00 Central European Time)
Travel expenses and accommodation for the interview will be covered by IMPRS-TP, where applicable.
For detailed information about our application requirements see Who Qualifies.
Please note that you need to have completed your Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field or MD prior to starting the PhD program, but not necessarily at the time of application.
We highly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. This may be helpful should you run into any problems during the application process, e.g. if one of your referees does not submit a recommendation in a timely manner you would have sufficient time to deal with the situation.
In your application, please select up to 3 research groups you are interested in working with. You can find details about research areas and participating research groups on our webpage.