IMPRS-TP welcomes applications from doctoral candidates coming from any country who hold a
- Master’s degree or equivalent (only in exceptional cases a 4-years Bachelor's degree will be sufficient) in a relevant field or a
- Medical Degree
Applications from trainee medical doctors with laboratory experience are particularly encouraged.
The application window for the IMPRS-TP traditional PhD program that starts in 2022 will be open soon. Please note the following timeline:
- All applications have to be submitted in English through our Online Application Tool, which will be online from August 1st, 2021
- Application deadline: October 1st, 2021 (12:00 - noon CET)
- Deadline for references: November 5th, 2021 (12:00 - noon CET)
- Candidates will be notified in December 2021
- Interview-days: February 2022
Travel expenses and accommodation for the interview will be covered by IMPRS-TP, where applicable.
Please note that you need to have a Master’s or medical degree or equivalent (only in exceptional cases a 4-years Bachelor degree will be sufficient) in a relevant field prior to starting the PhD program.
Applicants have to submit:
- Academic record (high school, Bachelor and Master’s transcripts)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 brief essays – one describing the student’s prior research experience, the other describing the reasons for their interest in the IMPRS-TP program and research goals
- An indication of their specific research interests