IMPRS-TP welcomes applications from doctoral candidates coming from any country who hold a 4 year Bachelor or Master of Science (or an equivalent degree) in a relevant field or a Medical Degree. Applications from trainee medical doctors with laboratory experience are particularly encouraged.
The application window for the IMPRS-TP traditional PhD and joint Residency/PhD training program that starts in 2021 will be open in autumn 2020. Please note the following timeline:
- All applications have to be submitted in English through our Online Application Tool, which will open on September 1st 2020
- Application deadline: November 30th 2020 (12:00 - noon CET)
- Deadline for references: December 11th 2020 (12:00 - noon CET)
- Candidates will be notified in January 2021
- Interview-days: March 2021
Travel expenses and accommodation for the interview will be covered by IMPRS-TP, where applicable.
Please note that you need to have completed your Master's degree by the time you start the IMPRS-TP program, but not necessarily at the time of application. Restrictions apply, please see Who Qualifies for further details.
Applicants have to submit:
- Academic record (high school, Bachelor and Master’s transcripts)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 brief essays – one describing the student’s prior research experience, the other describing the reasons for their interest in the IMPRS-TP program and research goals
- An indication of their specific research interests