07.11.2018 - 09.11.2018 | 09:00-17:30
- Operate R using variables, functions, indexing and packages.
- Import own data regardless of size or format.
- Perform standard statistical tests on large data-sets.
- Produce plots and highlight specific data-points.
- Begin programming in R using the apply functions.
- Use split-combine-apply strategies for calculations and data manipulation.
- Begin to adopt a bioinformatician’s perspective.
The course emphasises on hands-on exercises – This approach reinforces participants’ understanding. It uses relevant examples: Biological data-sets engage participants and help them to relate the material to their own work. The course provides case studies which demonstrate the power and simplicity of data analysis using R.