April 27-28, 2023
Through this workshop you will be able to turn your research project into a fully open and reproducible project. This is an interactive workshop, where you will learn more about Open and Reproducible Reseach
- What is open science?
- Fears and difficulties of working open
- Organizing files and folders
- Reproducible research practices
- Publication of research output
- Open science = Good science in a digitized world
- Open science impacts all steps in the research cycle
- Changes in practices in planning, data collection, analysis, presentation
- Open science = social change
- Makes it difficult (social hurdles)
- It is possible, if we understand mechanisms + support each other
About the trainer
Dr. Seibold studied statistics and did her PhD in Biostatistics with a focus on Machine Learning. Her research has been in the intersection of Data Science, Reproducibility and Medicine.
She is a solopreneur in Open and Reproducible Research and an independent researcher at IGDORE (Institute for Globally Distributed Open Research and Education). She is also the co-founder of Open Science Freelancers.
The workshop will be awarded with 1 ECTS.