IMPRS-TP welcomes applications from doctoral candidates coming from any country who hold a 4 year Bachelor or Master of Science (or an equivalent degree) in a relevant field or a Medical Degree. Applications from trainee medical doctors with laboratory experience are particularly encouraged.
2017/2018 Application window for positions available for IMPRS-TP traditional PhD and joint Residency/PhD training program in the field of psychiatry and neuroscience is now closed.
The next call for applications will start September 15 2018.
- All applications have to be submitted through our Online Application Tool.
- Application deadline: December 15 2018 (12:00 - noon CET).
- Deadline for references: December 21, 2018 (12:00 - noon CET).
- Candidates will be notified by End of January 2019.
- Interview-days in Munich: February 27 - March 1, 2019.
Travel expenses and accommodation for the interview will be covered by IMPRS-TP, where applicable.
All applications have to be submitted in English through our Online Application Tool. Applications submitted by mail or email will not be considered.
Please note that you need to have completed your Master's degree by the time you start the IMPRS-TP program, but not necessarily at the time of application. Restrictions apply, please see Who Qualifies for further details.
Applicants have to submit:
- Academic record (high school, Bachelor and Master’s transcripts)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 brief essays – one describing the student’s prior research experience, the other describing the reasons for their interest in the IMPRS-TP program and research goals
- An indication of their specific research interests